Sunday, November 18, 2007

Out

Today I am feeling much better so I got out of my bed and accepted the invitation of Andrea (my doctor).

We had a drink together in the morning




Then I went to his house and saw Vesuvio by his window



He also cooked a healthy soup for me



In the afternoon we went to Capodimonte Museum and we saw many violent things:

Like those two elegant Lucretias killing themselves




(The first one by Francesco Mazzola known as iI Parmigiani and the second by Ignoto Lombardo)

Cute Cain killing his cute brother Abel



(by Leonello Spada)

Quite naked Jesus getting flagellated



(by Caravaggio)

We also saw Leonardo da Vinci’s St John the Baptist (a copy I hope) falling apart




at the bookshop I realized that I have missed my favorite violent painting, Judith cutting of the head of holofernes by Artemisia Gentileschi, the museum was closing so I bought the postcard...

3 comments:

PETRITO ZEZUS said...

Very interesting details.
The Lucretia
is beautiful, Kain and Abel in a very tensive moment and Caravaggio's Jesus
..i find it unique.
Wishes for a quick recovery
x

Pablo Leon de la Barra said...

very hot docotor.
do you think he can cure me when i'm sick?

Mill Ends Park said...

he is my familly doctor Mr!!! :)